Wednesday, December 10, 2008

[THIN] Re: Troubleshooting slow/hanging on Servers

We get this on Fridays, very regularly. Simple matter of the DSL links being saturated and latency decreasing as people;

 

- Plan their holidays

- Sync their Ipods

-Run flash games

-Download Warcraft patches

 

Not your staff, just people generally. So it depends on the WAN links, but if they are common-or-garden ADSLs then I would expect this behaviour and <shrug> or upgrade them.

 

Nick

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Berny Stapleton
Sent: 10 December 2008 11:31
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Troubleshooting slow/hanging on Servers

 

Would this be about 3:30pm?

If the users complain to their supervisors that the servers are too slow, do they get to go home? Are they at the pub about 4:00pm?

In all seriousness, I would suggest getting a trial of EdgeSight and putting that on a couple of clients and see what you come up with.

Berny

2008/12/10 Angela Smith <angela_smith9@hotmail.com>

Hi

I have a strange issue I was hoping you could assist with.  I have 2 issues I need guidance on:

1) Every Friday we get a huge influx of calls with users complaining about frozen/slow sessions.  There is nothing special about this day.  No scheduled Tasks run, the Citrix Presentation 4 servers are not running out of resources.  All our users connect in over a WAN from various sites.  Links are not being saturated and are lightly loaded.  What I would like to know is if there are any good utilities I can run on the Citrix server to see in detail whats going on.

2) I randomly get users telling me certain applications are slow but when I check the server performance nothing is happening.  TS Profiles are small, LAN utilisation is OK.  What tools can I run to troubleshoot these issues?

System is Windows 2003 running Presentation Server 4

Thanks
Angela


Find great deals on eBay Net yourself a bargain

 

No comments: