Wednesday, December 10, 2008

[THIN] Re: OT: Altiris console is screwey

the clients hold the license which is preinstalled on the thin client.

i'm with Jim, the db is probably hosed.  it's really sensitive.  It could also be as simple as the odbc connection getting jacked up.  poke around at that and see if anything is amiss.


On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 2:29 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
db is up (sql on another server), permissions seem to be unchanged.

I didn't set this up nor do I know anything about configuring it, so I'm clueless as to how it all works. I'm also not sure if we can upgrade; I believe that this was a trial version that came with out HP TCs that has expired and is officially not licensed. I'm thinking perhaps a purchase is necessary.

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 5:06 AM, Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <jkenzig@gmail.com> wrote:
Is your database up? Restart the sql service. Might be a good time to upgrade to the latest version of the console which recently came out.

Check permissions on shares for the jobs, and on the db.

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com



On Tue, Dec 9, 2008 at 9:50 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
for some reason my altiris console doesn't show my jobs, nor the samples jobs - nothing. no folders either that they use to reside in. I'm hoping there's a quick easy way to bring these back - I don't want to have to re-add them, partly because right now I can't anyway.

Any ideas at all?

thanks!



No comments: