Wednesday, September 3, 2008

[THIN] Re: Google Chrome Browser first impressions

This is exactly why I subscribe to this list, Thanks Jim for being a guinea pig, sorry most large software companies make us beta test for them L

To comment on the MS and ‘taxes’ and all that stuff, I think MS has their issues, as does Mac, depending on your spot in the scheme of course will depend on your take, I have 5 windows 2000/2003 servers, 2 CentOS servers and a very large Mac (server?!?) well not really a server. We run AD, so anyone in my boat I am sure has plenty of words for Apple regarding connecting a Mac to an AD network, in a word, it ‘sucks’. My wish list item is that MS would add the feature that Adobe has where you can de-activate software on one computer so you can move it to another. Very nice. J

And I personally believe once Google gets everything set, we will start seeing fees for ‘premium’ services.

Please note: The statements made above are solely my opinions and experiences  and may not reflect anyone else’s reality except mine.

 

Thank You

-Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Systems Administrator
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X11
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@sonomatilemakers.com

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 4:27 PM
To: THIN; windows2000@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Goodle Chrome Browser first impressions

 

Well I downloade the new  Google Chrome Browser from http://www.google.com/chrome and I have to say I am not impressed at all.

First tried clicking on an RSS Feed link.  Crap.
Where is the home button... oh you have to find that setting in options to turn it on. 
Tried to play my favorite game pass the pigs on stressedpuppy.com crap no Java no plugin found how the hell do I add it? (shockwave works and I can at least play Pac Man ffom the site)
Tried to go to MS .com crap no silverlight. Page wont load.

In my opinion in it's current state it is unusable.


Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com

No comments: