Sunday, September 21, 2008

[THIN] Re: Xenapps 5.0 for Windows 2003

Citrix had a great online event called Citrix Delivery Center Live.  The event has been recorded and will be Online until December 10.  In that event there was a great presentation on intro to Xenapp 5 that had some good powerpoints you can also download that will help you understand. This event is really worth perusing. Go to each vendors place and download the pdf's from the side screens.
 
 
Basically though for Windows 2003 the only difference is the extra components and new clients which you can download from Mycitrix.com

Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com


On Thu, Sep 18, 2008 at 7:02 PM, Jim Cannon <Mach1-70@mchsi.com> wrote:

I have seen posts on this and I know it's probably been discussed but someone please lay it out for me…..I am currently running PS40 on Windows 2003 and have a need to go 64 bit on some of my servers…I have been waiting for Xenapp 5 to be released but now I understand that to get the "real" 5.0 version you need Windows Server 08….Our organization is not ready for Server 08 from an OS and from a TSCAL licensing perspective...Am I to understand that Xenapp 5 for Server 2003 is really Xenapp 4.5 at the core?  Is the version downloaded "patched" up or do we need to install hotfixes and HRP as though it was 4.5 to begin with?  Is licensing different?  How do I get the Edgesight plugin that enhances RM?   This whole thing confuses me as I was expecting a branded 5.0 version for 2003……Any explanations are appreciated….


No comments: