Monday, March 16, 2009

[THIN] Re: IE Zone settings not applying

Hi

Anantha Padmanabham K


--- On Fri, 13/3/09, Tim <timothylanderson@gmail.com> wrote:
From: Tim <timothylanderson@gmail.com>
Subject: [THIN] Re: IE Zone settings not applying
To: thin@freelists.org
Date: Friday, 13 March, 2009, 10:20 PM

Of course test it in your environment, but I've had no problems running them as .cmd files as I showed you.  Cheers  On 3/13/09, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@hotmail.com> wrote: > > Hi Tim > > I want to ensure I understand you completely..  Im assuming I change my > Published IE App to run a batch file with your code below.  Are there any > issues with leaving applications setup like this?  70% of my Farm > applications are IE based so I would need to change all published > applications > > Thanks > Angela > > Date: Thu, 12 Mar 2009 07:27:39 -0500 > Subject: [THIN] Re: IE Zone settings not applying > From: timothylanderson@gmail.com > To: thin@freelists.org > > I had this problem in the past.  The issue is that if explorer.exe is not > loaded in the session GPO's are not applied to the profile.  I got around > this by running runonce.exe with the alternateshellstartup switch.  This > will get your GPO's applied. > > > > > @ECHO OFF > > Color 0A > > IF EXIST "%userprofile%\filemarker.txt" GOTO LAUNCH > > runonce.exe /AlternateShellStartup > > ECHO.DO NOT CLOSE THIS WINDOW - SETTING UP PROFILE - THIS IS > A ONE TIME PROCESS > > c:\tools\sleep.exe 5 > > Copy "C:\documents and settings\filemarker.txt" > "%USERPROFILE%":LAUNCH > > Start "C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" > "Path to your website" > Cheers > > > > > On Wed, Mar 11, 2009 at 9:32 PM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@hotmail.com> > wrote: > > > > > > > Hi > > I have a strange issue where my Published IE sessions are not getting any IE > Zone information (ie Local Intranet settings) via GPO.  I have set the GPO > using: > > User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > > internet Explorer > Internet Control Panel > Security Page > Site To Zone > Assignment List > > > Ive also done the above using Machine Based Policy without any luck.  I have > also tried using "User Configuration > Windows Settings > Internet Explorer > Maintenance > Security > Security Zones and Content" but had no luck either. > > > > If I run a RSOP, it shows the IE Zone settings supposedly applying but I > cannot see the settings in IE if I manually check as a user within the > Published IE Session.  If I login to the server console I can see the IE > settings being applied.  They simply dont appear when logging on to the > Published IE Application as a user. > > > Any ideas on how I can set IE Zone information either via Machine or User > based policy?  Servers are Windows 2003. > > Thanks > Ang > > Get what you want at ebay. View photos of singles in your area > > > > _________________________________________________________________ > View photos of singles in your area. Click Here > http://a.ninemsn.com.au/b.aspx?URL=http%3A%2F%2Fdating%2Eninemsn%2Ecom%2Eau%2Fchannel%2Findex%2Easpx%3Ftrackingid%3D1046247&_t=773166080&_r=Hotmail_Endtext&_m=EXT ************************************************ For Archives, RSS, to Unsubscribe, Subscribe or  set Digest or Vacation mode use the below link: http://www.freelists.org/list/thin Follow ThinList on Twitter http://twitter.com/thinlist Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at: http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com Thinlist MOBILE Feed http://thinlist.net/mobile ************************************************ 


Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

No comments: