Friday, October 17, 2008

[THIN] OT: Logon with variable question

Hey everyone, hope all is well.  I have another strange request that I was wondering if anyone has any insight on.

I'm looking for a way to use a variable to pull in the current computer name of a machine, but at login time.

In a standard 3 line Windows 2000/2003 server login screen I can login with something like:

server1\adamg
password
<third line for domain/local machine is grayed out>

Is there any way I can use a variable instead of "server1" up there so that the current servername is put in?  I've tried:

%computername%\adamg
%userdomain%\adamg

and a few other things including double %%, .\adamg, and quotes in various places.  If anyone wants an explanation as to why I need this I can go into that, but I've narrowed things down to the point where if I could pull in the current servername using a variable that it will give me everything I need.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

Adam

No comments: