Sunday, August 24, 2008

[THIN] Re: OT: My latest blog posting which I made a point to send to Ballmer and friends via email.

Hi Doug,
 
Intergrating MACs into AD isn't impossible. Have a look at Quest Software'd Vintela Authentication Suite. Have a look at
 
 
regards,
 
Rick
 
---
Ulrich Mack
Quest Software
Provision Networks Division

 
On 8/23/08, Doug Rooney <Doug@sonomatilemakers.com> wrote:

We have zero Vista machines and never will, I tried one, Ultimate Business version, does not play nice with our AD network, come one guys, you both came from the same company, but no, they refused to get along, so bye-bye vista, and sorry, we have one Mac in Marketing, and no more of them either, don't get me wrong, I like Mac well enough, I own one, but integrating in an AD environment, what a pain. I am testing the waters with Ubuntu and Susi's latest offerings with cross-over and running MS Office. I think a lot of what Redmond does is great, they just seem to fall short too many times in the OS arena.

 

Thank You

-Doug Rooney
Sonoma Tilemakers
IT Systems Administrator
7750 Bell Rd.
Windsor Ca, 95492
(707) 837-8177 X11
(707) 837-9472 FAX
it@sonomatilemakers.com

 

No comments: