Monday, August 11, 2008

[THIN] Re: Off topic: Make custom virus def

..or something like Appsense’s Application Manager – where you can whitelist/blacklist applications without having to modify a GPO

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: 07 August 2008 22:20
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Off topic: Make custom virus def

 

unfortunately that is not an option for me at the moment.  There are no domain controllers under my control.  We're converting networks from the old company to the new company.  I can't make any GPO changes until we're done converting.  But I do control the AV server which is why I am looking there first.

On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 4:11 PM, TSguy92 Lan <tsguy92@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Greg,

Perhaps taking a look at setting up software restriction policies on the workstation may help with this.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb457006.aspx

HTH

Lan



On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 1:49 PM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry for the off topic.  I am trying to find a way to define a specific exe as a virus.  Does anyone know how to do this with Trend OfficeScan?

Seems like this should be possible.

I have a user loading a game from a thumb drive.  I want to define it as a virus to keep it off the computer and kill it from their thumb drive.

any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Greg

 

 

No comments: