Monday, May 4, 2009

[THIN] Win2008 TS RoamingProfiles

Greetings

I’m preparing a 2008 XenApp5 server for cloning & have a couple of small items I’d like to tidy up.

By default, a new user will get the server manager shortcut in the Quicklaunch, does anyone know the location of this so I can remove it (locally), also the shortcuts in the Links folder in Windows explorer (Music, Saved Games etc). I’ve used GPP to remove a bunch of these folders on logon but the links to the folders remain. An alternate method I could have used would be to overwrite the default user with a prepared profile, which I can still do but its 95% complete as it stands.

Word 2007 normal.dotm. By default this file doesn’t exist & is created when a user runs office for the 1st time in their %appdata%/ etc etc directory. By default word 2007 has an unusual large spacing between lines, which I would like to remedy via altering the normal.dotm. I havnt seen any GPO relating to this. I could use GPP to copy a template into the user dir I guess. Anyone had experiences with this?

Thanks in advance

This communication, including any attachments, is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not read it - please contact me immediately, destroy it, and do not copy or use any part of this communication or disclose anything about it. Thank you. Please note that this communication does not designate an information system for the purposes of the Electronic Transactions Act 2002. 

No comments: