Thursday, April 2, 2009

[THIN] Re: Migrate Datastore query

If you are moving from SQL to SQL, you could simply detach the database and attach it to the new server. Stop IMA first to kill the connections to the database. Don't forget user account (SQL or Windows) with database permissions on the new server.
 
If you prefer dsmaint migrate, that'll work too.
 
In either case, you'll need to stop the IMA service, run dsmaint config with a new or modified mf20.dsn file and start the IMA again. Stopping the IMA will not affect users currently logged in but it will prevent new users from connecting.
 
No reboot is required.
On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 6:13 PM, Angela Smith <angela_smith9@hotmail.com> wrote:
Hi

I will be migrating my SQL datastore from one SQL server to another. I have the relevant dsmaint command.  I have some questions I was hoping someone could help with:

1) Can I safely run the dsmaint command whilst users are logged in?

2) Will they get disconnected? 

3) Do I need to reboot the server after dsmaint for the change to take effect?


Thanks
Angela


Download it here. The new Windows Live Messenger has landed.

No comments: