Friday, January 30, 2009

[THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

Okay,

the forces of evil, though still likely triumphant in the end, have changed their minds and dictated that I install Office 2007. I haven't done any research yet but has the ugly published Outlook 2007 been figured out and fixed yet?

I did manage to get the MS hotfix and the citrix patches installed

On Thu, Aug 21, 2008 at 12:12 AM, JAlexander <jalexander@getoffmyplanet.us> wrote:
I successfully installed that one, rebooted, opened a pub desktop, enabled cleartype, but the display is still nasty.  Hopefully, you will have better results.
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Snyder
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 5:01 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

it's hotfix PSE450R02W2K3037 - but I've downloaded it twice and when I run it I get a windows installer error message
 
"the patch package could not be opened. verifty theat the patch package exists and that you can acces it, or contact the application vendor to verify that it is a valid windows installer patch package."
 
Anyone able to successfully install this one?

On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 6:42 AM, JAlexander <jalexander@getoffmyplanet.us> wrote:
I thought maybe enabling ClearType would help but I publish apps, not a full desktop.  If you publish a desktop, there's a Citrix hotfix to enable Cleartype support:  http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX113295.  The second hotfix (CTX117240) tells me that I'm not authorized to even view it so you must have to have a support contract or something. 
 
I'll publish a desktop for myself and enable Cleartype to see what happens. 
----- Original Message -----
From: Greg Reese
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 2:29 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

I can't even get them to agree it's ok to run XP Sp3.  Office 2007 isn't even on the radar.  it's a shame they didn't offer a "classic" view or something.  or maybe they did and I just haven't found it yet.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:19 PM, JAlexander <jalexander@getoffmyplanet.us> wrote:
This should be fun...LOL  I've been testing on a local PC and haven't had any issues with it so far.  My users have only had it for 2 days so I'm sure they'll find all the bugs for me.  ;) Unfortunately, the move to 2007 was decreed by our CIO and I had to comply. Thankfully, the upgrade to 2007 on the Citrix server was fairly painless.  The display in all the office apps is pretty fuzzy but it's most prominent in Outlook.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:52 AM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

I don't know I am still very inclined to stick with Outlook 2003.  I have been using Outlook 2007 locally on my Vista Business PC since it's release and testing and every time I get an update from MS (once a month) it somehow breaks Outlook 2007 and I have to run the repair utility from the CD.  Very frustrating. 
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com


On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM, JAlexander <jalexander@getoffmyplanet.us> wrote:
I was kind of hoping good would overcome since I upgraded to 2007 this weekend and the display is ugly here as well.  ;)  Any suggestions would be welcome.
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Snyder
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 9:36 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

the forces of evil triumphed.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
quitter


On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
yep. Unfortunately it's now a dead issue as I've rolled back to 2003 (which works fine).


On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
I think he means the application itself is 16 color.


On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Andy Friar <Andy.Friar@novus.co.uk> wrote:
WI 4.6 and the latest AMC, repulish app and you'll get better colours on the icon through PNagent and WI / CSG.

Andy


________________________________

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org on behalf of Steve Snyder
Sent: Sun 17/08/2008 00:06
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Published Outlook 2007 is ugly


Publishing office 2007 on w2k3 r2 w/sp2, citrix name-of-the-day 4.5, and Outlook is just ugly. As in 16-color ugly. All of the other apps, including office, look fine, and pictures embedded within an e-mail message display fine in Outlook, it's just Outlook itself is hideous.

Ideas?








No comments: