Monday, June 23, 2008

[THIN] Printers not deleting on exit

Hello

Sorry for what I imagine is a very basic question. But I administer (among other servers at a non-profit) only two Terminal Services servers (Windows Server 2003) that are mostly set and forget. So when problems crop up, I dont have much experience to draw on.

Anyway, I recently migrated one of my TS servers to a virtual environment (VMWare Infrastructure). Almost all went well. There are two problems, though:

1.      When people log off the terminal server, their printers dont delete. A lot of these printers, though  not all, are the Fallback Printers.

2.      Users profiles are located on another server but are cached locally on the terminal server. When the user exits, the cached profiles are not being deleted. And then the next time the user logs onto the TS, a new copy of the cached profile is created. Any particular user now has many many cached profiles.

Neither of these behaviors were exhibiting themselves before the migration. As far as I can see, all the appropriate local policies and permissions moved over in the migration. Theres nothing in the Event Logs.

Can anybody help me figure out whats going on?

Thanks,

Rob

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Rob Moore

Network Manager

215-241-7870

Help Desk: 800-500-AFSC

No comments: