Monday, October 20, 2008

[THIN] Re: Citrix Local Account Passwords


Ctx_ConfigMgr
Ctx_SmaUser
ctx_cpsvcuser
ctx_cpuuser

All have system controlled passwords.  Does anyone know definitively the password strength used and whether the system changes the password on its own periodically?

I'm trying this question again since I put it out late Friday afternoon.  I hope there's an answer available.

Thanks !



On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:57 PM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
the worst one is out there with you now.

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 4:59 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
anyone in particular that you're thinking of? :)


On Sat, Oct 18, 2008 at 7:16 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
government?  Only government IA assholes could throw a fit over something like this.




On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 10:30 AM, Tim <timothylanderson@gmail.com> wrote:
My security team is throwing a fit over an exception I filed for Citrix local accounts to never have their password changed.  I'm hoping the list can give me some additional ammunition.

Ctx_ConfigMgr
Ctx_SmaUser
ctx_cpsvcuser
ctx_cpuuser

All have system controlled passwords.  Does anyone know definitively the password strength used and whether the system changes the password on its own periodically?

TIA









No comments: