Monday, April 20, 2009

[THIN] Re: Oracle buys Sun

I agree with you Steve.  Oracle is one of the biggest funders and participants in the Xen open source project, and many others...   I have a good friend that works there now, in the Oracle VM group, and he is constantly telling me how much they love open-source...

 

I think this is a very interesting buy.  However, I wish Microsoft would have bought them and just shut them down.  I wish Gates would have spent his money (billions) on just buying up all the competition...  lol...  A billion here, 5 billion there...  I'm a PC.   LOL!

 

DB

 

Douglas A. Brown
CEO and Founder

Microsoft MVP, Windows Server
Citrix Technology Professional

DABCC, Inc.

Phone:    (954) 778-9558
Fax:         (941) 827-9073
 
E-mail:     dbrown@dabcc.com 
 
LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/dabcc 

Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/douglasabrown

Web:        http://www.dabcc.com

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Steve Greenberg
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 11:09 PM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Oracle buys Sun

 

I seriously doubt Oracle will kill long standing OPEN SOURCE projects!!

 

Steve Greenberg

TCC-LOGO-BWThin Client Computing

34522 N. Scottsdale Rd D8453

Scottsdale, AZ 85266

(602) 432-8649

www.thinclient.net

steveg@thinclient.net

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Greg Reese
Sent: Monday, April 20, 2009 5:02 PM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Oracle buys Sun

 

You can kiss MySQL goodbye too.  IBM might try to take over OpenOffice if possible.

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:11 PM, Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <jkenzig@gmail.com> wrote:

Sorry here is the link to the press release


 

On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 6:23 PM, Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@gmail.com> wrote:

This is so terrible in so many ways. I proclaim Java to be on its deathbed. Openoffice will die a slow death also. My Sun severs are weeping.

Jim Kenzig
Please excuse any typos.
Sent from my iPod

 

 

No comments: