Thursday, April 23, 2009

[THIN] Re: Certificates and profiles

I have used Portable profiles in environments with up to 1000 users to date.

Rename the INI and use GPOs for configuration it works fine. A few bugs I have seen are workable. Also works well for migrating roaming profiles to portable profiles. I still use environment variables for the store path to suit different Oss (XP Vista 2003 2008 etc)

I use this for XenDesktop and XenApp now by default (licensing permitting.) The main gotcha is the exclusion of registry settings associated with Group Policy do not exclude them(The default in the INI file)

The other thing is it does not clone well, I haven’t looked into this to date but will look into it when I get time.

 

Thanks Peter

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Pitsch
Sent: Friday, 24 April 2009 4:40 AM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Certificates and profiles

 

Has anyone used the latest and greatest User Profile Manager from Citrix yet?

 

Jeff

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 1:31 PM, Joe Shonk <joe.shonk@gmail.com> wrote:

It's called immidio now.  Www.immidio.com

 

Its still free.

Sent from my iPhone


On Apr 23, 2009, at 11:01 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@gmail.com> wrote:

Is flex even still out there?  I couldn't find it the other day when I went looking.  I'll admit, I miss things pretty easily at times.....

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 12:57 PM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:

the flex profile kit from LoginConsultants will do it.  you would have to do some script magic but it is nothing that is beyond your skill Jeff.

 

On Thu, Apr 23, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, here's a good one.  Or at least I think it is.

 

I'm contracting at a bank that needs to import individual certificates for users into their store.  Easy enough except the users don't have roaming profiles and they definitely roam between citrix boxes.  Oh and the profiles get deleted every night.  Any ideas on how/what to export/import or somehow save these certs for the users so they don't have to manually accept them every day?

 

Hopefully this all makes sense......

 

If we have to go roaming we will but we are trying to avoid that right now.

 

 

 

No virus found in this incoming message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 8.5.287 / Virus Database: 270.12.0/2066 - Release Date: 04/22/09 17:25:00

No comments: