Thursday, April 23, 2009

[THIN] Re: ESX 2.x Console Permissions

You would not do this through SSH on ESX.   If you wish to grant access to a single VM, then you need to delegate the rights though VirtualCenter.

 

Joe

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Stefan Timmermans
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:54 AM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] ESX 2.x Console Permissions

 

Dear all,

 

I’m trying to figure out what I need to do on a standalone ESX for an developper

to have access to ONLY 1 VM, but being able to undo his changes (put the disks in undoable mode).

I’m an windows guy but know some linux basics, I suppose I need to lock down access to the vmx and/or

Vmdk or folder. The esx admin guide is not helping me a lot.

 

Granting the esxadmin role, grants him to many permissions. I can see esadmin is not a member

of root, but can open the consoles of other VMs, which I disapprove.

 

Any help would be appreciated.

 

Regards,

 

Stefan Timmermans

 

No comments: