Monday, March 2, 2009

[THIN] SSL Certs..

Hi all,

I'm running CSG 3.0 and W1 2.1 (I know, very old) on my front-end. I currently use 2 separate SSL certs for each and everything works just fine.

citrix.company.com

csg.company.com

I plan on upgrading the Web Interface to 4.6 and CSG to latest version along with Presentation(XenApp) to 4.5. I know there is CAG, which i am still a little unclear about and  its purpose and Access Essentials, which, again, i don't know its full potential.

My concern is will 2 standard certs suffice, or should i consider getting a wildcard or UCC ?  I know that answer may depend on my organization's heriarchy and setup, so to be clear, we have a single public accesible domain name and don't plan on that changing for the next 3 years.

I am considering buying 2 standard certs from Godaddy, which i checked work fine for users in the Citrix Forums, but want to make sure i'm furture-proofing the purchase of these certs in event i implement any of the aformentioned technologies.

This questions comes up because i've been doing a lot of reading on Exchange2007 and it's need to have mulitple domain names accessible via SSL, hence the UCC reference.

Thanks,

Harry.


No comments: