Wednesday, March 25, 2009

[THIN] Troubleshooting Remote Access Problem

Mornin' List.
 
I'm having some trouble identifying why I can not connect to a server via RDP and thought I would bounce it off you all.
 
Windows 2003 R2 SP2 server functions as connection broker in Quest vWorkspace farm.
I applied patch 1c for vWorkspace 6, rebooted and could no longer access via RDP  (I'm disinclined to blame this but it's the last change I know of)
 
Troubleshooting steps taken:
Verify Remote access is enabled
Verify membership in Remote Admins group
Verify Terminal Services (App mode) not installed
Reset RDP listener
Delete and Recreate RDP listener
Apply Windows updates (server was very out of date on patches)
Verify Windows firewall turned off
Applied Patch 2 for vWorkspace 6
 
No luck.  This is message you receive when attempting to connect via RDP:
Remote Desktop Disconnected
The computer can't connect to the remote computer.
Try connecting again.  If the problem continues, contact the owner of the remote computer or your network administrator.
 
 
Any ideas?
 
Thanks,
Christopher

No comments: