Monday, March 23, 2009

[THIN] Re: Hide CDROM

I guess I could but then I would be changing the server stds for the company I work for (they are normally pretty strict).  I was really hoping there would be a AD GPO that prevents the CDROM from Mapping but I couldnt find such a setting




From: cwegener@freecon.net
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Hide CDROM
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 2009 10:47:46 +1100

Hi Angela,

You could assign a different drive letter to the CDROM an then hide the new drive letter via GPO. So you can still use G: as a network mapping.
That's how I would do it.
Christoph

On Mar 24, 2009, at 10:38 AM, Angela Smith wrote:

Hi

When users run Windows Explorer, the Citrix Server CDROM is mapped.  Is there a way to stop the CDROM mapping so its not mapped?  I dont want to hide the CDROM letter via a GPO as I want to use the same drive letter to map to a network share.  

Eg CDROM uses drive letter G:  I want to map G: to map to another network location

I know I can remove the letter assigned to the CDROM on each server via Disk Management but I would rather not as I use the CDROM on each server once in a while.  Im hoping there would be a GPO that would prevent the CDROM from mapping.  I could then use the same drive letter to add my new network mapping

Thanks
Ang


Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what's new with your friends 
-- 
This message has been scanned for viruses and 
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is 
believed to be clean.


--
This message has been scanned for viruses and
dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
believed to be clean.

Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what's new with your friends

No comments: