Tuesday, March 24, 2009

[THIN] Re: Hide CDROM


I cant think of a policy that would work for you but if it's not a lot of servers, I would just use disk mgmt to unassign a letter to the cdrom. When the time comes that you need it, just use disk mgmt to give it a drive letter and have at it. You're not going to be able to have a drive letter assigned to something, hide it, and use that same drive letter for a mapped drive.




 


Angela Smith <angela_smith9@hotmail.com>
Sent by: thin-bounce@freelists.org

03/23/2009 06:39 PM

Please respond to
thin@freelists.org

To
<thin@freelists.org>
cc
Subject
[THIN] Hide CDROM





Hi

When users run Windows Explorer, the Citrix Server CDROM is mapped.  Is there a way to stop the CDROM mapping so its not mapped?  I dont want to hide the CDROM letter via a GPO as I want to use the same drive letter to map to a network share.  

Eg CDROM uses drive letter G:  I want to map G: to map to another network location

I know I can remove the letter assigned to the CDROM on each server via Disk Management but I would rather not as I use the CDROM on each server once in a while.  Im hoping there would be a GPO that would prevent the CDROM from mapping.  I could then use the same drive letter to add my new network mapping

Thanks
Ang


Download the new Windows Live Messenger Find out what's new with your friends

No comments: