Wednesday, October 8, 2008

[THIN] Re: Insufficient system resources

Verify the permissions on your users profiles directory. Should be Admin Full, System Full, and User Full  There is something hokey with 2003 that causes security settings to get messed up when you do an windows update. Seems like every few months I have to reset permissions on my profiles folder on my server.  Look for .yourdomain added to your users profile directory folders also.  That will mess things up.
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com


On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM, George Wasgatt <gwasgatt@gmail.com> wrote:

Run Perfmon and add Memory counter Free System Page Table Entries.  If the number is in the low thousands you have a problem.  It should be above one hundred thousand free.  I had this happen to a server that I initially loaded 8GB of memory into expecting to load 2003 X-64.  When I instead loaded 2003 X-32 it blew up when it got a full load of users because it ran out of FTEs.

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:16 PM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Insufficient system resources

 

Hi all,

 

Lately users have been getting this error when they attempt to log on to our PS 4.0 Citris servers.

 

Description:
Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

 DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

 

And since I don't allow local profiles, they can't log in.


I look in task manager and the system resources do not seem to be overutilized.  CPU is around 40 to 60%.

Memory usage seems normal.

I have Hotfix rollup 4 on the servers, no other patches.

Logging off a few users seems to correct the problem.

 

Any idea what else I should look for?

 

Currently, I have an idle timeout period of 3 hours, am I being too good?

 

Thanks,

 

________________________________________

Hector Minero

NSWCDD Code K55

Ph: (540)653-8859


No comments: