Wednesday, October 8, 2008

[THIN] Re: Insufficient system resources

Run Perfmon and add Memory counter Free System Page Table Entries.  If the number is in the low thousands you have a problem.  It should be above one hundred thousand free.  I had this happen to a server that I initially loaded 8GB of memory into expecting to load 2003 X-64.  When I instead loaded 2003 X-32 it blew up when it got a full load of users because it ran out of FTEs.

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55
Sent: Wednesday, October 08, 2008 3:16 PM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Insufficient system resources

 

Hi all,

 

Lately users have been getting this error when they attempt to log on to our PS 4.0 Citris servers.

 

Description:
Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.

 DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.

 

And since I don't allow local profiles, they can't log in.


I look in task manager and the system resources do not seem to be overutilized.  CPU is around 40 to 60%.

Memory usage seems normal.

I have Hotfix rollup 4 on the servers, no other patches.

Logging off a few users seems to correct the problem.

 

Any idea what else I should look for?

 

Currently, I have an idle timeout period of 3 hours, am I being too good?

 

Thanks,

 

________________________________________

Hector Minero

NSWCDD Code K55

Ph: (540)653-8859

No comments: