Friday, July 25, 2008

[THIN] Re: Virtualizing Citrix

Depending on your configuration, your application, it's load, yes, it is possible.
 
I have had servers running as virtuals, with 40-50 users per virtual.
 
Chad Schneider
Systems Engineer
ThedaCare IT
920-735-7615

>>> On 7/25/2008 at 8:28 AM, <hector.minero@navy.mil> wrote:

Hi all,
I see all these messages going back and forth about virtualization, but not much information on how Citrix/TS behaves in a virtualized environment.

A tech./sales person from Dell came yesterday and told me that I could probably replace 7 of my PowerEdge 2850 with one beefed up PowerEdge R900 and virtualize the 7 Citrix servers.   I find that kind of hard to believe.

Each of my 2850's can handle about 30 to 40 users concurrently.   I just don't think that an R900 could handle 200 + users with virtual Citrix servers.

Is anyone out there using VMWare to virtualize Citrix servers in a production environment? 
What kind of hardware? 
How many virtual servers per physical server? 
How many users?


I would greatly appreciate your advice as I am new to VMWare.


_______________________________
Hector Minero
NSWCDD K55

No comments: