Thursday, June 4, 2009

[THIN] Re: Fun with Oracle

maybe they can figure it out with somoe of their new Sun brains.

I woudl be good just to find the hook that tells chfarm how to populate the list.

I did run filemon on it with no luck

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 8:06 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
Oracle *really* hates parenthesis in the pathnames, I ran into for apps that were installed into the (X86) folder - didn't try it for xenapp though.

 
On Fri, Jun 5, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
So i have two Windows 2003 x64 servers with XA 5 installed pointing to Access. 

I am trying to move them to Oracle.   Both of them have a working Oracle client.  I can tnsping the db, and connect with SQL plus using the proper credentials.

I am running chfarm and choosing the new farm option.

On one of the servers, Oracle isn't even an option.  Not sure why but it's not in the drop down list.

so I tried the other server, Oracle is an option, but I get a "Database connection canceled or failed" message.

I saw an article about Oracle not being able to handle the install location of XA on 64 bit servers.  It chokes on the "Program Files (x86)" path.  Seriously?  that seems pretty out there.  Even for oracle.  It seems odd that I will have to reinstall XenApp just to use Oracle.

Anyone else run into this or have any idea on it?

Thanks

Greg


No comments: