Thursday, April 16, 2009

[THIN] Web Interface Query

Hi All,

 

I am trying to get my citrix web interface 4.5 server to be accessed from all my other citrix servers using the AMC discovery, however I keep on getting the following error message:

 

Ensure that the name is correct, the server is contactable, and that a supported version of Presentation Server or XenApp is installed.

 

523

 

 

I have opened up the firewall for TCP 135 and locked the registry on the servers to use ports 8000 – 9000 and even amended local policy to allow the ctx_ConfigMgr account the right to log on as a service and a batch.

 

The discovery still fails and I have since looked at the COM+ settings and Im still getting the errors.

 

As I didn’t set up the web interface server I have just noticed that there is no citrix XML service running on the server and in the AMC on the web interface server under Web Interface tab details I can see the Configuration Source is listed as a ‘Local File’ could this be why I cannot administer the web interface server from the other citrix AMC’s.

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated?

 

Thanks

 

Alan

 

 

No comments: