Monday, June 29, 2009

[THIN] Re: Tracking 2003 CAL's

Thanks Carl. Yes, I was asking about Per-user CAL utilization. Bummer there's no simple way to track these in 2003.

 

I'm continuing to look into managing the utilization of these CAL's because I suspect that we're running near capacity and want to know when the limit's been reached. However, based on this definition it appears that my 2003 terminal server farm may allow additional connections beyond the number of CAL's installed. So, if I have 500 CAL's configured on my 2003 terminal server license server, connection number 501 would technically be allowed. And perhaps that's a reason why tracking their utilization isn't so important as it won't negatively impact the business.

 

Can else anyone confirm this?

 

I simply want to avoid the opposite being true and connection number 500 is rejected due to a CAL limitation.

 

Thanks!

 

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org [mailto:thin-bounce@freelists.org] On Behalf Of Carl Stalhood
Sent: Wednesday, June 17, 2009 9:27 AM
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Re: Tracking 2003 CAL's

 

You mean User CALs? User CALs are tracked in 2008 but not in 2003.


On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 11:24 PM, Gary Scanga <Gary.Scanga@rentacenter.com> wrote:

Does anyone have a decent way of tracking the issuance or utilization of TS CAL's in 2003?

Thanks in advance!

 

No comments: