Tuesday, August 19, 2008

[THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

I have been running Office 07 on my Vista business PC at work too.  I think both Office 2007 and Vista are giant steps backward for Microsoft.  I hate the Office 2007 interface.  It looks pretty, but functionally it drives me nuts.

More and more I find myself turning to Google Apps for running my appointments, contacts, and data where I can get away with it.

If they would make a Google Apps appliance that I could plug in to my network and hook to my SAN for storage, I think I would be set.  My only big hangup with Google Apps is trusting my businesses data to Google.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:52 AM, Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms <jkenzig@gmail.com> wrote:
I don't know I am still very inclined to stick with Outlook 2003.  I have been using Outlook 2007 locally on my Vista Business PC since it's release and testing and every time I get an update from MS (once a month) it somehow breaks Outlook 2007 and I have to run the repair utility from the CD.  Very frustrating. 
Jim Kenzig
Blog: http://www.techblink.com



On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 8:51 AM, JAlexander <jalexander@getoffmyplanet.us> wrote:
I was kind of hoping good would overcome since I upgraded to 2007 this weekend and the display is ugly here as well.  ;)  Any suggestions would be welcome.
----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Snyder
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2008 9:36 PM
Subject: [THIN] Re: Published Outlook 2007 is ugly

the forces of evil triumphed.

On Tue, Aug 19, 2008 at 1:31 PM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
quitter


On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 8:25 PM, Steve Snyder <kwajalein@gmail.com> wrote:
yep. Unfortunately it's now a dead issue as I've rolled back to 2003 (which works fine).


On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 1:09 AM, Greg Reese <gareese@gmail.com> wrote:
I think he means the application itself is 16 color.


On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 3:40 AM, Andy Friar <Andy.Friar@novus.co.uk> wrote:
WI 4.6 and the latest AMC, repulish app and you'll get better colours on the icon through PNagent and WI / CSG.

Andy


________________________________

From: thin-bounce@freelists.org on behalf of Steve Snyder
Sent: Sun 17/08/2008 00:06
To: thin@freelists.org
Subject: [THIN] Published Outlook 2007 is ugly


Publishing office 2007 on w2k3 r2 w/sp2, citrix name-of-the-day 4.5, and Outlook is just ugly. As in 16-color ugly. All of the other apps, including office, look fine, and pictures embedded within an e-mail message display fine in Outlook, it's just Outlook itself is hideous.

Ideas?






No comments: